We have excellent, up to date facilities to allow us to investigate problems promptly and thoroughly when necessary.
- Theatre - our fully equipped theatre is the area most clients do not see. In this room we carry out all our surgical procedures from routine neutering to more complicated soft tissue surgery and orthopaedics. Our qualified nurses ensure the smooth running of the theatre.
- We have modern anaesthetic equipment and use only the safest anaesthetic medicines, with anaesthetic monitoring carried out by trained and experienced staff and aided, when necessary, by ECG and pulse oximetric (blood oxygen) measurements.
- ultrasonic dental descaler, drill and polisher are used to perform dental procedures we also have special dental equipment for rabbits
- Our 'state of the art' digital radiography equipment allows us to take exceptional radiographs to aid diagnosis - we pride ourselves in the quality of our xrays
- our new ultrasound machine can provide us with high resolution images of soft tissues such as the internal organs - this can be used to aid pregnancy diagnosis as well as providing a non-invasive view if structures within the abdomen
- Our in house laboratory provides us with blood and urine test results within the hour, and also allows us to perform microscopic examinations of urine and tissue samples.
- Our veterinary specific ECG machine for enhanced sensitivity and a blood pressure monitor are used to assess heart function
- We use an ophthalmology specialist Lorraine Fleming who will see patients at either branch
- We can offer a wide range of medical and surgical treatments here at Aquarius, as well as routine dentistry, but will always recommend referral for those pets that have particularly complex needs that would be best dealt with by a specialist.
- We use up to date diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to investigate and treat a wide range of conditions from skin disease and reproductive disorders, to long term management of joint disease and kidney, heart, liver and thyroid conditions common in elderly pets
- Acupuncture can be used to complement conventional veterinary medicine to improve the health and well-being of our patients
All the nurses working at Aquarius Vet Centre are qualified and registered with the RCVS. They are a dedicated team who offer the following services:
- Puppy and kitten clinics
- Flea and worm checks
- Weight reduction clinics
- Tick removal
- Dressing changes
- Advice in behaviour and training
- Dental clinics
- Pre-mating blood tests
- Pregnancy scans
24 Hours Emergency Service
Emergency out of hours consultations will generally be seen at our Mildenhall branch. On occaisions when we are not able to provide this cover, we use the services of Vets 24 based in Milton or Whittlesford.
The number of the vet on duty can be found by dialling your usual surgery number (Mildenhall 01638 717871 or Soham 01353 722711) and the voicemail message will give you the number of the vet on call.
There will be an out of hours emergency fee which can be discussed with the vet on call.
|Field Road, Mildenhall,
Bury St. Edmunds,
Suffolk, IP28 7AL.
|01638 717 871|
|01638 515 025|
Northfield Road, Soham, Ely,
Cambridgeshire, CB7 5UF.
|01353 722 711|
|01353 722 766|